Author Topic: [Solved]DHCP and static IP  (Read 8965 times)

Eustachy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[Solved]DHCP and static IP
« on: June 08, 2011, 02:29:21 pm »
Hello

This is my first post, so welcome All. I was using IPCOP, and I want to give a try to Zentyal. I want to configure DHCP server to assign static IP to computers with specific MAC address. When I go to DHCP module, I create range for DHCP like 192.168.10.120 - 192.168.10.254. I read the documantation, and there was an information that if I want static address asign, it must be over the range. In the DHCP module a can assign the static IP, but only to Network Object. So I go to Network Objects and create like a IP 192.168.10.55/32 and MAC in example aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa. I run DHCP server, connect my laptop with this MAC address and Zentyal assign me adress 192.168.10.120, but I want 192.168.10.55. This is a fresh install of Zentyal. I try to reinstall modules, and all over the Zentyal, but always the same. Could anybody explain/help me how can I do this simple thing?

Sorry for my english :) and very thanks for help/

Greetings
Rafal
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:03:17 pm by Eustachy »

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Re: DHCP and static IP
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:52:27 pm »
Hello Rafal,

The match between your MAC address and the one you configured must be exact. We are sure this works :).

Double-check your MAC addresses (the one in your laptop and the one in the objects module).

Best,
My secret is my silence...

Eustachy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved]DHCP and static IP
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 09:07:59 pm »
Hello Rafal,

The match between your MAC address and the one you configured must be exact. We are sure this works :).

Double-check your MAC addresses (the one in your laptop and the one in the objects module).

Best,

Thanks, but it wasn't it. The problem is in object name. When object name is "Computer", the IP adress is correct, but if object name is "Computer_first" or "Computer first", it dosen't recognize object. I think is a bug, but I don't know where to check it. I think the group name has similar issue.

But thanks for Your help

Greatings
Rafal

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 12:16:52 am »
Thanks very much for spotting the bug Eustachy.

We research further for these issues with underscores and spaces. I think the latter was already fixed but not released.

Anyway, thanks very much for your feedback, it is really appreciated.

Best,
My secret is my silence...

Eustachy

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:53:53 am »
I was thinking that open source is working. You give something for free, guy's like me testing, and one they found a problem, they posting/buging.. Nice to see, that anybody here tries to help.

Greatings
Rafal

UnoyCero

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 10:11:44 am »
Hi Eustachy:

Great job, saved my life ;)

Thanks, Ibon.

demoo201

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 12:34:30 pm »
Hello

This is my first post, so welcome All. I was using IPCOP, and I want to give a try to Zentyal. I want to configure DHCP server to assign static IP to computers with specific MAC address. When I go to DHCP module, I create range for DHCP like 192.168.10.120 - 192.168.10.254. I read the documantation, and there was an information that if I want static address asign, it must be over the range. In the DHCP module a can assign the static IP, but only to Network Object. So I go to Network Objects and create like a IP 192.168.10.55/32 and MAC in example aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa. I run DHCP server, connect my laptop with this MAC address and Zentyal assign me adress 192.168.10.120, but I want 192.168.10.55. This is a fresh install of Zentyal. I try to reinstall modules, and all over the Zentyal, but always the same. Could anybody explain/help me how can I do this simple thing?

Sorry for my english :) and very thanks for help/

Greetings
Rafal

Hi everybody am new in this forum, i have thesame issue as Rafai, i assigned a static ip thesame way he did bt zentyal is assigning me by dhcp, i added it on both object in network and in dhcp bt all to no avail. pls help..

Sam Graf

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »
Hi, demoo201, and welcome.

The same issue, if I'm reading things right, would be a case where there is an underscore or a space in the object name. Is that the case?

Escorpiom

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 03:18:09 pm »
Yep the bug with the underscore is still present, running 2.0.2x.
Just had to deal with it again. Members inside objects are also affected.

Cheers.
Marcus' Rule:
Blanks & capitals = avoid it and you'll avoid problems...