Author Topic: help me with user password  (Read 2804 times)

moonk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
help me with user password
« on: January 17, 2008, 11:58:09 am »
i hv setup user account. i can use it to open file sharing. but when i want to join mail server, i use the same user account to connect to mail server. i'm using thunderbird. but i'm facing LOGIN FAILED problem. does any body have any idea what's wrong??
please help me...

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: help me with user password
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 03:34:52 pm »
Are you sure you have activated either the POP or the IMAP services? If you only have one active are you sure that is the one you are using in thunderbird?

moonk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 04:30:21 am »
yes, i hv activated the either POP and IMAP services. my another question, can windows client join linux domain? thanks for the response

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 09:24:55 am »
Regarding to your second question. You may set the file sharing module as PDC (Primary Domain Controller) and the selected domain may be join by your Windows XP professional hosts.
My secret is my silence...

moonk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 09:37:56 am »
i hv managed to solve out the first problem, the problem is at the user name, it must be in complete name such as name@domain.

and the second one, i've set the ebox to become a PDC. and i try to join my windows host to the domain, still got prob in the authenticate problem. i've used name and name@domain, still won't do. any idea?

sorry for those newbie question

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 08:08:44 pm »
In order to add a machine to the eBox domain, you must use a user with administration rights. To do so, you must check the administration rights on file sharing section within an edition of a user.

You must use the single name from the user and the domain set in File Sharing section.

Best regards,
My secret is my silence...

moonk

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 03:12:42 am »
that's very nice answer, now i could join my hosts to the domain. thanks a lot bro...  ;D