Author Topic: Zentyal 2.2 RC1 - Zafara Contacts & OpenLDAP  (Read 2722 times)

rich@adcock.net

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 2.2 RC1 - Zafara Contacts & OpenLDAP
« on: September 12, 2011, 02:47:15 am »
Hi All -

I installed Zentyal 2.2 RC1 and setup Zafara Groupware using OpenLDAP, all setup via the Zentyal Web Admin Tools (Very Slick).

I have 2 Virtual Email domains setup and 2 related LDAP Groups.  The users in each group can login http://ip/webaccess and they can appropriately send Mail from the respective virtual domains.  This is working perfectly.

What I'm not understanding is how do I have LDAP Contacts from the Group Populate the Global Address book.  I want the group/virtual domain members to show up respectively in the Web Global Address book.

I think in the Zafara 7 Admin guilde http://doc.zarafa.com/7.0/Administrator_Manual/en-US/pdf/Zarafa_Collaboration_Platform-7.0-Administrator_Manual-en-US.pdf they discuss this, however it requires editing of ldap.cfg and I know from prior experience in Zentyal you should do all config from Web tools vs. manually editing files.

What I'm trying to accomplish is the following:

1.) Single Zentyal Server setup as multi-company Intranet (This is can accomplish)
2.) Need to access virtual domain email based on matching virtual ldap
3.) Use LDAP to manage Contacts
               Company 1 LDAP Group & Virtual Mail Domain with Contacts from LDAP only Company 1 Visible
               Company 2 LDAP Group & Virtual Mail Domain with Contacts from LDAP only Company 2 Visible

Thanks in Advance

PeterLinuxGeek

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 2.2 RC1 - Zafara Contacts & OpenLDAP
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 03:07:32 pm »
I do have the same question - Don't have an answer...

I tried/learned a couple things in the first hours I played with zentyal:
- Zafara only allows for 1 domain (not 100% sure but looks like it - found something in the manual that indicated this)
- Zafara takes over the IMAP(S) from the regular mail config (is this a global-setting? not set per domain?)
- RoundCube webmail requires IMAP(S) - but not the Zafara one...
- If you install RoundCube after you configured Zafara the server crashes and doesn't boot anymore...

So having 1 domain using Zafara and 1 using RoundCube (as a work around because Zafara only allows for 1 domain) doesn't work either?

Re-installing my base zentyal VM - will play some more with it tonight.

An 'easy' solution would be to have a (virtual) machine per domain for mail/Zafara and a 3rd one for LDAP... no?

Peter

PeterLinuxGeek

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile