Author Topic: Unified communications without Asterisk  (Read 1855 times)

albatroz

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Unified communications without Asterisk
« on: September 18, 2011, 08:20:02 am »
I wonder if there is a way to disable or uninstall Asterisk from Zentyal once installed using the Unified Communications automated setup.

christian

Re: Unified communications without Asterisk
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:26:51 am »
Do you mean that, using GUI, "Software management / Zentyal components / Delete" doesn't work?

albatroz

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 09:22:39 am »
So you mean that deleting the VOIP Component is all I need to uninstall Asterisk?

christian

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:47:58 am »
yes but not really  :-\
Let me explain: when you decide to go for Zentyal solution, the idea is to deploy services or modules like firewall, mail, proxy, VoIP and not to deploy IPtables, Postfix, Squid and Asterisk.
Of course, when you select services to de deployed and configured, you have behind components but these are not exposed as such to end-user.
If your goal is to work at package level, perhaps Zentyal, because bringing kind of abstraction layer, is not the right choice.

If I had to rephrase this, I would say that Asterisk and VoIP are just not at same level, although linked.
So, what is you need? If you don't need VoIP service, you can remove it. As a result, it will remove Asterisk component. Does it clarify my point  ???