Author Topic: user in read-only group and administrator group can only read the share  (Read 2563 times)

vroetman

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I have a share that I want everyone to have read access to, but only a few to have write access to:
  the "everyone" group has read-only access
  the "managers" group has administrator access

if a user is a member of both groups, he only has read access to the share. I found in ebox 1.4 if I add the "managers" group to also have read-write access as well as administrator access, the user can write to the share. But zentyal 2.0 only allows the group to appear one time in the access control list.

Ideally the "Administrator" access would have precedence over the "read-write" which would have precedence over the "read-only" access of the share.

What can be done to make this work as expected, apart from adding each individual to the share with write access?

ctek

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: user in read-only group and administrator group can only read the share
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »
Please keep in mind that the LOWEST rights are used. This is valid for the majority of the OS's I suggest that you define another group and make available the option to read-writte to the members and place the users only on this group. Otherwise you will face the same problem as before.

Regards
Bogdan