Author Topic: [SOLVED] Zentyal client can't access mail sites / HTTPS problem?  (Read 14882 times)

nicolasdiogo

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Samurai
  • a pessimist, but trying out optimism
    • View Profile
    • BrainPowered Business Intelligence Consultancy - UK
Re: Zentyal client can't access mail sites / HTTPS problem?
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2011, 02:55:24 pm »
agreed

earlier on - we suggested for having a look at Zentyal logs as well kernel logs
and it did not show any packet dropped.

it would seem to be something else.
my opinions and suggestion expressed on this forum are my own as a user.
please note that i am not part of the Zentyal Development Team

www.brainpowered.net - supporting open-source Business Intelligence in Europe

christian

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2011, 03:11:25 pm »
If packets are not dropped, then it's something like wrong route but solarwindz defining himself as network expert, I suppose this should not occur  ;)

solarwindz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2011, 07:45:58 am »
Awts. I thought this is a forum, not a debate section. Why do you spend your time with such approach if I was just asking for help, a support? ^_^

I told you earlier that, to compensate this, i manually added in the Zentyal my ISP gateways. If you review my earlier posts, after manually adding the gateways, everything is working fine. But i also said, that this is not what we want to happen. because Zentyal is suppose to do the job.

So, If you think I offended you, accept my apology. This is not the time to boast what we know, or to compare how more you know than I do, but this forum is suppose to help the readers, to "share" to them what we know. Networking  is all about sharing, right? (Network administrator code of ethics) ^_^

Anyways, thank you for your support!
^_^
"Great minds think alike"

christian

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2011, 08:45:21 am »
Maybe it looks different and you perceive it the wrong way but we were trying to help and support you.
However this appears to be difficult because understanding of what you have on you side, what is configured, working and not working is fuzzy. Is it due to cultural or language barrier, I don't know but, as a result, this is an heavy and painful task, reasons why I preferred to give up.

At least with this last post you make a clear statement that looks almost a conclusion: your point is that default gateway is missing on Zentyal box and you had to add it manually.  :o ::) :o

Trust me, and this is perhaps not your fault, it was not clear before or mixed in the middle of plenty of useless information. As network expert, what is, according to you, the added value of tracing route if you know that default route is missing? We are just all wasting time  :-[ You because you make useless tests, us because we investigate for something you already solved, at least with workaround.

So, as you now have the answer to your question, if you feel this to be a bug, open a ticket  ;) and stamp this post as [SOLVED].

TTFN.

solarwindz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2011, 08:47:38 am »
Okay. Manually adding the default ISP gw is not the exact solution.  ^_^

christian

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2011, 08:54:53 am »
Either you get external IP address from DHCP server and then DHCP server is responsible for providing the default gateway or you set it up manually and you have to do it using Zentyal GUI.
Then if what you set is not kept after reboot or service restart, this is a bug (assuming you do not apply manual changes using CLI that may prevent Zentyal to work properly), then create a ticket.

Is there anything else to add?

solarwindz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2011, 07:46:04 am »
Got it. Found the problem. Network > Gateways should only contain list that are marked as external (WAN). Putting a LAN gateway (redirector) in this list causes https access problem.

Hey, may you grant me this last request? Please mark this as solved. I'm not able to log in to the account I used to post this topic. That's why I created another account to reply, as you can notice.

Thank you for bearing with me brosef.

Thanks!

christian

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2011, 07:51:20 am »
Glad you solve your issue.

You had multiple gateways defined at Zentyal level with some being "internal"  :o :o :o wow
Funny enough, this is what you, somewhat, suggest to arielf: stacking bounces by defining different default gateways... I definitely do not share this kind of design and prefer to make it "simple by design".

I will change your post as [SOLVED]

solarwindz

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Zentyal client can't access mail sites / HTTPS problem?
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:08 am »
Yep, it's because I have VLANs in the network. And Zentyal is not the VLAN core. So i thought I need to add the lan gateway (inside Zentyal) so that static routes declared would work (same as my layer 3 switch, my VLAN core).

I'm glad it's working now. A plaque of appreciation for christian. Now i need to focus on my zentyal 2.2 content filtering that is currently not working.

Thanks!

nicolasdiogo

• Forum Moderator
  • Zen Samurai
  • a pessimist, but trying out optimism
    • View Profile
    • BrainPowered Business Intelligence Consultancy - UK
Re: [SOLVED] Zentyal client can't access mail sites / HTTPS problem?
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2011, 11:12:18 am »
good !
my opinions and suggestion expressed on this forum are my own as a user.
please note that i am not part of the Zentyal Development Team

www.brainpowered.net - supporting open-source Business Intelligence in Europe