Author Topic: How do you change the installation administrator account?  (Read 1603 times)

neuropharm

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
How do you change the installation administrator account?
« on: August 11, 2011, 03:52:10 pm »
Hello - we have been running Zentyal 2.0.xx for 6 months now on one machine::  firewall - WAN failover and traffic balancer - HTTP Proxy - DHCP & DNS
All has been good, we have changed hardware to improve on configuration changes - they would take a long time to save - so we opted for a more powerful machine and this has increased the speed in saving configuration changes via the web control panel.

We are now bringing Zentyal 2.0.22 in to replace Windows 2000 file share. I installed with a standard username as the admin user and we need to use that name... so I wanted to change the administrator user. Doesn't seem to be so easy.

Topic Question:

How do you change the administrator account created during the installation process?

Is the answer to create a new user in the web interface, add user to admin group. and then log into the web interface as that user, to verify it logs in.
Then go to SSH connection and connect as the new admin user, issue the command# userdel -r installationUser

Unfortunately, I was not able to log in via SSH with the newly created admin account.

Thanks in advance for your answers