Author Topic: Internal email with forwarding  (Read 1828 times)

twick

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Internal email with forwarding
« on: November 20, 2008, 09:44:14 pm »
In my situation I have an ebox server (fileserver, email) sitting behind an ipcop firewall (dhcp, proxy, IDS, NTP) for my home network.

What I would like to do is use the ebox server as an internal email server.  Mainly to gather logs, critical email warnings, emails from other internal users (wife and kids) in one place.  I would also like to have the ability to forward those messages on to and external mail server (gmail) so that I can receive them remotely, etc.  I DO NOT want an external facing email server.  My questions are:

1. Is this possible?
2. How do I do this or where could I find information to configure this scenario?
3. What are the configurations for the other clients (e.g. What do I set my wife's email to send/receive on the internal network)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

manx

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Internal email with forwarding
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:06:39 am »
In my situation I have an ebox server (fileserver, email) sitting behind an ipcop firewall (dhcp, proxy, IDS, NTP) for my home network.

What I would like to do is use the ebox server as an internal email server.  Mainly to gather logs, critical email warnings, emails from other internal users (wife and kids) in one place.  I would also like to have the ability to forward those messages on to and external mail server (gmail) so that I can receive them remotely, etc.  I DO NOT want an external facing email server.  My questions are:

Read this --> http://forum.eboxplatform.com/index.php?topic=656.0