Author Topic: Zentyal 2.2-rc2 available!  (Read 5219 times)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Zentyal 2.2-rc2 available!
« on: August 25, 2011, 02:08:19 pm »
Dear Zentyal community,

The Zentyal Development Team is glad to announce the availability of the 2.2-rc2 installer! This is the second release candidate for the 2.2 stable series.

This version includes all the bug fixes done since the release of the RC1 and in addition, the "Recover from a disaster" menu is now back on the installer (it had disappeared during all the beta period). Moreover, this release comes with a surprise: it includes experimental USB support, so users without a CD drive should be able to burn the ISO on a stick using the Ubuntu USB creator or any other similar tool. Let us know how it works!

You can download the new installer, as usual, from the Beta Downloads page. If you already have installed Zentyal 2.2-rc1, you can also upgrade your packages to the latest available versions.

The release of the Zentyal 2.2 is approaching very fast (3rd week of September), so your help in finding bugs now is crucial to have a great success with this release. We're looking forward to receiving your bug reports and feedback. To liven up the bug hunt, we will reward the most active bug-reporters as well as the persons who report the trickiest bugs with Zentyal t-shirts!

Happy testing!
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Escorpiom

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 2.2-rc2 available!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 03:39:15 am »
Excuse me if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm currently running Zentyal 2.022, that's the latest non-beta.
When 2.2 stable is released, would it be possible for me to upgrade or do I have to install form scratch?

Cheers.
Marcus' Rule:
Blanks & capitals = avoid it and you'll avoid problems...

bubbl3

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 05:10:40 pm »
If you already have installed Zentyal 2.2-rc1, you can also upgrade your packages to the latest available versions.

Doesn't seems so, apt-get update && apt-get upgrade shows no new updates.

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 11:25:39 pm »
maybe that's because you are already using the last available versions? :)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 11:26:31 pm »
Excuse me if this has been answered elsewhere, I'm currently running Zentyal 2.022, that's the latest non-beta.
When 2.2 stable is released, would it be possible for me to upgrade or do I have to install form scratch?

Yes, we will provide a script to automatize the migration from 2.0 to 2.2.

Ret

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 01:20:39 am »
Hi, I want to install Zentyal 2.2rc2 and tune it for production until we upgrade for final release.
I have Ubuntu Lucid Server installed and I'd like to install Zentyal from respositories. Which is the address where they are located?
So far I've only found this one "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/zentyal/2.1/ubuntu lucid main" Is this correct? (I guess not)
Thank you!

pcready.cl

• Zen Samurai
  • Zentyal Installer in Chile
    • View Profile
    • PC Ready Chile SpA
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 06:04:54 am »
changelog please!!  ;D
Email: contacto@pcready.cl
Teléfono: (+56 32) 314 0883
Web: https://www.pcready.cl

christian

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 08:17:00 am »
Eh guys, does it make sense to discuss these "beta" related aspects in the "beta" section rather than here?  ;D ;D

c4rdinal

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 02:05:35 pm »
Hi,

Is Zentyal 2.2-rc2 release feature complete? Is this the last RC before the Final Release?

I'm so excited to do a server upgrade... Is it safe to at this point to make it as Gateway Server in production environment?

Thanks!

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 12:28:05 am »
Hi there,
Is Zentyal 2.2-rc2 release feature complete? Is this the last RC before the Final Release?

Yes, only bugfixes are now being done :).

I'm so excited to do a server upgrade... Is it safe to at this point to make it as Gateway Server in production environment?

Do not recommend yet to use Zentyal 2.2 RC in production environments just because upgrades among beta releases are not guaranteed.

Just wait for 2 weeks before using Zentyal 2.2 in production environments ;)

Best,
My secret is my silence...