Author Topic: [SOLVED] migrating from 1.4 to 2.0  (Read 3239 times)

bbking

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: migrating from 1.4 to 2.0
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 11:57:58 am »
so if I understand you right, Zarafa has his own imap server, that's why you have to decide whether you run mutually exclusively IMAP/IMAPS for Zarafa or the Mail System in the config?

there is a tool syncimap or imapsync, I'll give that one a try and dig in the zarafa forums. Anyway, if someone knows the answer, I'd still love to hear from you guys... :D

christian

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 12:04:09 pm »
Your understanding matches mine  ;D
If you intend to use "imapsync" like tool, pay attention to my comment about either customized port settings or to have IMAP servers (Dovecot on one hand, Zarafa on the other hand) running on different servers...
My $0.02

bbking

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 12:17:18 pm »
okay, I think I found something, should be fine with this command:
Code: [Select]
imapsync \
--host1 ip-address_existing_imap-server \
--user1 marc \
--authmech1 LOGIN \
--password1 password_marc \
--host2 ip-address_zarafa-server \
--user2 marc \
--authmech2 LOGIN \
--password2 password_marc \
--noauthmd5 \
--sep2 “/” \
--prefix2 “” \
--syncinternaldates \
--skipsize \
--useheader subject \
--useheader date

For further reading see http://download.zarafa.com/zarafa/release/docs/Zarafa_Migration_and_ADSdeployment_en.pdf

Would it be a solution to run Dovecot over IMAP and Zarafa over IMAPS on the same machine or is it the same IMAP server in the background over different protocols?
If yes, I still have the old machine containing all the mailboxes, then I'll do the sync over the network.

Edit: just found this nice graphical tool, although it costs 14 bugs/account. http://www.yippiemove.com/ to migrate email accounts
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:39:29 pm by bbking »

christian

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 12:24:01 pm »
although I don't know how to achieve it with Zarafa, on the principle the answer is YES!

bbking

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Re: migrating from 1.4 to 2.0
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 02:59:21 am »
A quick update here:
I'm marking the topic as [SOLVED], after searching for solutions for 5 hours I'm finally importing mails to Zarafa.

Things to do:
Deactivate Webmail in "Module Status" menu
Check IMAP and IMAPS gateways under "Groupware" menu (*methink* IMAPS alone would do it as well, will check it later)
I suppose you have the same user in the new system as in the old one
Run this command, pay attention to the colored parts:
imapsync \
--host1 ip-address_existing_ebox1.4-server \
--user1 user@domain.xx \
--authmech1 LOGIN \
--password1 password_user \
--host2 ip-address_Zentyal2.x-server \
--user2 user \
--authmech2 LOGIN \
--password2 password_user \
--noauthmd5 \
--sep2 “/” \
--prefix2 “” \
--syncinternaldates \
--skipsize \
--useheader subject \
--useheader date

explanation: dovecot on Ebox1.4 expects the username as user@domain.xx whereas Zarafa wants only the user part of the email address (me not paying attention cost me 5 hours....*grml*)

Right now I'm trying to figure out, why the Zarafa Server Migration Wizard won't connect to the new box. I opened "any TCP" ports on the new system temporarily (it's on the intranet, no worry), but still I get "Cannot find Zarafa serever on this location or port"
To get the Migration wizard running at first you have to install the Zarafa client (matching the Zarafa server version!).

@modarators: could you plz mark the first post in this thread as solved? I'm not the thread-starter, so I can't do that. thx
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:02:20 am by bbking »

christian

Re: [SOLVED] migrating from 1.4 to 2.0
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32:48 am »
Congrats  :D

Don't worry, post is seen as "[SOLVED]".

bbking

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] migrating from 1.4 to 2.0
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 02:52:46 pm »
Quick update on the Zarafa Miragtion Tool process:
his link (http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,5437.msg25913.html#msg25913) helped me a lot, I had to enable Zarafa to any source port, not only localhost + I had to install and run the zarafa-licensed tool to be able to connect.
I imported a .pst file to my inbox, there are some issues with mapping the content of a german "Kontakte" to the english "Contants" folder.

Working on the mobile access with iPhone right now.