Author Topic: Zentyal Users Group Netherlands  (Read 12739 times)

mmullenders

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal Users Group Netherlands
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:50 am »
Hi Zentyal-fanatics,

I want to know if there's interest in starting a Zentyal Users Group in the Netherlands or if some kind of activity is already in progress please let me know.

Alhoewel er een GoldPartner in Nederland is, waar ik helaas vergeefs al maanden mee in contact probeer te komen, ben ik toch erg benieuwd naar hoeveel bedrijven/beheerders Zentyal implementeren of gebruiken als platform. Het lijkt me hartstikke leuk om geregeld info en ervaring met elkaar uit te wisselen, mogelijk in de vorm van bijeenkomsten of workshops.

Kind regards,

Maurice Mullenders.

robb

Re: Zentyal Users Group Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 08:45:40 am »
I would be interested for sure. I know of the goldpartner (in Maastricht area) but never tried to contact them.

For me it would be interesting to have a usergroup since I want to use Zentyal as 1 of the main parts of my portfolio to offer to SMB's and schools.

regards,
Rob

Escorpiom

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:41:43 am »
Hoewel ik daar niet persoonlijk bij zal kunnen zijn, blijft het een prima idee.
Als ik ergens mee kan helpen, ben jullie graag van dienst.

Cheers. 
Marcus' Rule:
Blanks & capitals = avoid it and you'll avoid problems...

nachico

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Learning To Fly
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 04:40:15 pm »
Hi mmullenders,

It is a really cool idea. We are completely open and supportive with this kind of initiatives. You can count on our support with the infrastructure and to gain more visibility for the Group within Zentyal users. However, as none of us speaks Dutch yet, we would need a Dutch-speaking person who could be responsible for coordinating the activity.

If you are ready to take this responsibility, maybe we could start by opening a Dutch-speaking board in the Forum so that we can make a better idea of how many interested people there are, in a similar way as Spanish and Portuguese-speaking boards. What do you think?

Regards,
CEO at Zentyal

mmullenders

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 10:30:51 am »
Hi Nachico,

I'm pleased to see that the staff of Zentyal is willing to support this initiative.
I do want tot take some responsibility in the Dutch-speaking board. Please do inform me about the tasks and roles as a coordinator.

Kind regards,

Maurice Mullenders

nachico

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Learning To Fly
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 09:57:38 am »
Hi mmullenders,

there is a language discussion going on in the forum about whether language-specific boards are required or not. Let's reach an agreement there first and then we will continue here. Is it ok with you?

Regards,
CEO at Zentyal

mmullenders

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 01:03:52 pm »
Hi Nachico,

No problem at all. My original goal is the start a users group, whether it is founded through a speaking board or not. I just want to know how many Dutch Zentyal Enthusiast there are and if they are willing to share their experiences with implementations they have done. Perhaps we could come together and just start implementing a Zentyal-environment in a fictive/virtual company and then learn from each others vision of completing the job.

Kind regards,

Maurice Mullenders

robb

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 02:45:09 pm »
Allthough I still am against scattering information on the zentyal boards, I do think organizing LOCAL professionals and enthousiasts to exchange information and experiences is very usefull.

So if it turns out that there will be a Dutch board on the Zentyal forums I will be an active member there too.

regards,
Rob

ichat

• Zen Hero
  • RTFM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »
as im not an experienced system intergrator, or linux guru like some of you, i WOULD love to join discussions and so in my (our?)  native tounge..  once in a while.  especially if this could eventually cause more use of the software and hopefully more contributions to the software, be it either money or trained devolopers fixing buggs or adding features out side of the scope or timefram ot this project..  in turn we might all benefit that. 

im in..
All tips hints and advices are based on my personal experience.
As I try my best to be as accurate as possible, following my advice is always at your own risk,
I claim absolutely NO responsibility in any way!

nachico

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Learning To Fly
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 05:30:01 pm »
Hi mmullenders,

I think it is a great idea. There are over 100 forum users from the Netherlands. Probably only a fraction of them would actually be active enthusiasts, but I think numbers are big enough to launch the initiative. Should we create then the Dutch-based board?

Hi robb,

we are now polishing the community wiki-based documentation and we will launch it in a few days. I think that the free availability of documentation, if properly updated by board moderators and forum members, should help avoiding letting valuable information get "locked up" by language. What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:22:22 pm by nachico »
CEO at Zentyal

robb

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 07:15:43 pm »
That's great news to hear the wiki will be launched soon. Can I assume the wiki will be english only? Especially technical information and howto's should be available for everybody.

I have a Zentyal server prepared myself, running on professional hardware inside ESXi 4.1. I will be happy to document configuration scenario's for different environments and make them available to the community.

nachico

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Learning To Fly
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 07:40:53 pm »
That's right. I think there is no point in having the community documentation in other languages than English.

I am looking forward to see your scenarios :)
CEO at Zentyal

mmullenders

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 08:29:05 pm »
Hi Nachico,

I'm very pleased with your participation in this initiative and looking forward to a successful start of the Dutch speaking board. Hopefully it will lead to a great co-operations and expansion of Zentyal in the Netherlands.

Maurice Mullenders

henkdick

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 12:09:27 am »
I like this.

Henk

nachico

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
    • Learning To Fly
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 08:44:02 pm »
Hi mmullenders,

I just created the Dutch board (I used Google translate to write a description but I am not sure whether it makes any sense at all ;-) ). Please, let me know whether you want me to change anything in the board configuration.

Now it's time to rock&roll and get Dutch users to use the board! Let me know how you want us to help (news, Facebook/Twitter, forum announcement, etc). We're at your service :-)

Met vriendelijke groet,
CEO at Zentyal