Author Topic: Virtual KVM Machines Have No Network Access  (Read 2405 times)

Zetto

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Virtual KVM Machines Have No Network Access
« on: April 03, 2013, 11:19:28 pm »
Upon installing a new windows 7 Virtual machine in the VM manager I cannot seem to get it to connect to any type of network under NAT. Bridging also only ever has 'none' in the drop box. Any recommendations?

fatbob

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual KVM Machines Have No Network Access
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:35:33 pm »
In order to use bridging you need to go to the interfaces configuration settings on your zentyal host and set one of your interfaces to bridged. You will then see the bridge in the dropdown.

Zetto

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:38:07 pm »
In order to use bridging you need to go to the interfaces configuration settings on your zentyal host and set one of your interfaces to bridged. You will then see the bridge in the dropdown.

Yes I set eth0 as a bridged connection, and set br1 to a static IP, still nothing in the dropdown menu unfortunately.

Zetto

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 06:01:56 pm »
An update to my earlier question I figured out something that worked for me. I ended up being forced to use a static on my bridged network adapter. DHCP would not work regardless of having the right IP or not. If anyone else has this issue try to assign your primary adapter to a bridged connection and set your bridge to static. Then apply the bridged connection to your VM.

fatbob

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 08:11:19 pm »
Good spot - mines static which explains why it works for me :)

Zetto

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:48:17 pm »
Yes, it really should still work with DHCP, on the ifconfig it clearly showed that it was receiving the correct IP range, correct DNS and correct gateway, I guess VM's just do not like it. Perhaps it is just a bug?