Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Zentyal 2.2 samaba - roaming profiles - issue  (Read 2901 times)

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] Zentyal 2.2 samaba - roaming profiles - issue
« on: October 26, 2011, 12:54:48 pm »
Hello I am at the final steps of my zentyal 2.2 install.

I created a Domain in the file sharing section.  I names my server and clicked the roaming profile tag.  I set the roaming pofile to be under letter Z (not used in my system).

My windows 7 computers can join the domain no problem, but when I log on my home folder does not appear under letter Z.  If I go to file explorer under network I see my server and inside of it I do see my home folder, but it is not automatically mapped to the letter of my choosing.

I have looked at the logon.bat in the /home/samba folder and I can see where it says to put the home folder under lettter z..... however this does not happen.

Before last night all of systems used Zentyal 2.0 and I had not issues with roaming profiles and home folder mapping.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be happening or what I should look at???  The zentyal log does not appear to be showing anything of importance.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:16:05 pm by vshaulsk »

vshaulsk

• Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 2.2 samaba - roaming profiles - issue
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 02:52:14 pm »
Update -   I think I have resolved the problem

The only thing I had different between my zentyal 2.0 and 2.2 install when it came to PDC and roaming profiles was the DOMAIN and the net bios name of the file Server.

The File Server name on the new install was two words instead of one like it was on the old system. (The new name did not exceed the allowed number of characters)

I changed the name to a simple one word name and now the home folders are automatically mapped upon log-in to drive letter Z.

Can someone shine a light on why this change would have fixed my problem???  Is using a two word naming scheme not allowed???