Author Topic: Zentyal server and zentyal desktop alpha (LDAP Sabayon issue)  (Read 3354 times)

efurlan

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal server and zentyal desktop alpha (LDAP Sabayon issue)
« on: December 02, 2010, 03:12:14 am »
So far using zentyal server has been a great experience, and using zentyal desktop has also been quite useful in terms of ldap connection (For single user login for multiple locations [computer lab] or users that use more than one computer in the org). However, I'm attempting to use sabayon group policy and while there has been success in other situations, I can't seem to get ubuntu 1004 to acknowledge the zentyal login info client side.

Using the following generic script:

<profiles>
 <ldap server="ldap.example.com">
  <profilemap search_base="ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"
           scope="one"
           query_filter="(uid=%u)"
           result_attribute="sabayonProfileURL"/>
  </ldap>
  <default profile="default"/>
</profiles>

and using the ldap information from the zentyal server, I still seem to have no luck. This would allow for "Group Policy" application for multiple computers. Is there a plan to include this in future releases of server / desktop... or is it able to be done now with some more tweaking?

argais

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal server and zentyal desktop alpha (LDAP Sabayon issue)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:56:04 pm »
I know this is an extremely old topic, but I keep stumbling upon it when I google for some kind of access restriction for users.

Even if the post is really old this question is still quite valid:

This would allow for "Group Policy" application for multiple computers. Is there a plan to include this in future releases of server / desktop... or is it able to be done now with some more tweaking?

So, is there a plan to have this sort of functionality on zentyal?

robb

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:53:33 pm »
Yes, there this is planned for next Zentyal release. Together with a release of a Zentyal Desktop (ZD), although ZD is still in a very early stage. Feel free to join the discussion on ZD in the ZD section.

To be more precise these discussions: http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,9146.0.html and http://forum.zentyal.org/index.php/topic,9068.0.html

regards,
Robb

argais

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 05:38:26 pm »
Thanks Robb, I'll be sure to participate on those topics!