Author Topic: What Is Going On?  (Read 759 times)

Simon Matthews

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
What Is Going On?
« on: February 28, 2024, 01:37:15 pm »
I used to deploy Zentyal a long time ago for customers. If I was still working in that role, I would definitely not be deploying it any more. The product is stuck in the past. Although the web interface is fantastic in many ways, the rest of the product is deeply flawed.

It's amazing that there is absolutely no support for IPv6. To me that makes a product like this unusable.

I received the email saying that version 8 has now been released. I thought I would have a look at how the product is going and deployed it to an Linux Container. There are so many problems with this software. After installation I noticed it had done bizarre things to the permissions of critical system files. I discovered this in an attempt to force netplan to apply network and it was complaining about insecure permissions on its yaml files.

If your server is hacked in any way, it is done for.

The funniest thing that happened was I forgot I even had a user account here because it was been around 12 years since I last posted. I did a forget password and in the email to reset it, it said my IP was 172.18.0.10. What the heck is going on here? Do you actually receive money from people for this product?

Where is the MFA support? OIDC? SAML? This is hilarious.