Author Topic: [howto] replace courier with dovecot  (Read 7054 times)

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: [howto] replace courier with dovecot
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 03:17:19 pm »
Hi,

Now, about 8 weeks after migrating my server to ubuntu 8.10 + EBox (8.04 has some weakness doing special RAID constellation) + Dovecot + Getmail, I am very happy with the EBox-solution. Works great.

Good to hear. We should be shipping dovecot along with ebox-mail very soon and we will polish the rough edges you have found.

Thanks,

Javi

sh1ny

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 03:20:11 pm »
This is nice to hear. I am currently migrating from debian -> ubuntu and cyrus -> dovecot, and ebox sounds too good with dovecot support built in ! :)

corona

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 10:54:59 pm »
Hello again. 4 months on and the server has been rock solid with dovecot, certainly very happy with it. The only niggling problem I have with it is that I can't install the ebox-mail-filter package. I would really like to add the spam filter back onto the server, as I used to be very happy with its performace pre-ebox.

The package has dependancies with ebox-mail and wont be satisfied with ebox-mail-dovecot so wont install.

I'll have a go at installing it manually on the backup server as a test, but by memory it's got quite a few steps to getting it going (spamassassin/amavis/clamav) and I can't afford any downtime on the main server.

Cheers,
Andrew

sh1ny

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 09:01:30 am »
Yea would be really great to have dovecot in ebox before it goes 1.0 :)

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 02:51:23 pm »
We actually have it ;) It's scheduled for the next stable release 1.2. But I guess we could try backport it to 1.0 :)