Author Topic: Update/Fixed: Error while adding a gateway - New 2.1.1 Core module Works!  (Read 4250 times)

moula

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Ok, I will stoped my "gateway pfsense" and replace it by zentyal 2.1, but after the match of Barça  ;D

juste a question, can you open another internal forum from french language?

Je suis francophone plus qu'anglophone :-)

thank's

n9nu

• Zen Apprentice
  • Master of all things
    • View Profile
    • Professional Pro Tools Recording Studio Services
Hello again

I just now got to re-booting and unfortunately the modification/update did not work (at least on my end). I still get the same error with that 'gatewayTable.pm' code.

I am trying to add the gateway address to (in my case) eth1 which is my WAN side NIC.

I was unable to update to the 2.1.1 version via the command: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install zentyal-core as you mentioned in my original post. It returned and said I had the latest version.

Should I just re-install with the newer 2.1.1 installer (or 2.1.1 updated module) ?

P.S. Tnx for the 'getting involved' info. I will get my hands dirty :)

Tim

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
That's really strange, as you can see here:

https://launchpad.net/~zentyal/+archive/2.1/+sourcepub/1525781/+listing-archive-extra

The 2.1.1 version of the zentyal-core package is on the public repository since two days ago.

If you have not succeded with the upgrade it's normal that you still get the crash at GatewayTable.pm.

You don't need a new installer, if you use the same 2.1 installer and you make sure you have Internet connection during the install, it will automatically get the last available versions of all the packages.

Regarding the problem with the upgrade, you can check the ouput of "apt-cache policy zentyal-core" to see what are the installed and candidate versions.

Thanks for your testing efforts!
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

n9nu

• Zen Apprentice
  • Master of all things
    • View Profile
    • Professional Pro Tools Recording Studio Services
Re: Update/Fixed: Error while adding a gateway - New 2.1.1 Core module Works!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 11:57:18 pm »
Hey there

I edited my original post to reflect the status on the new working module. I just downloaded the file manually and installed it, so all is well now.

I don't know what additions you guys were going to incorporate into future versions, however, I was thinking about coding a module to incorporate a small sized, yet full featured NAS solution. I currently use FreeNAS 8.x and was waiting for Open Media Vault to be finished, however, I think it would be nice to have an option (not necessarily installed by default) to provide.

Dunno though.....I would want to get some feedback to whether or not that would be even wanted I guess :0

Tnx
Tim

moula

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Update/Fixed: Error while adding a gateway - New 2.1.1 Core module Works!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 09:01:57 am »
after the updates from this morning, my version core is 2.1.2, the half of the problem is resolved. my gateway can connect to the net but not the clients behind zentyal. i will see the problem later, and give you some news.  perhaps pb of the fireware between the lan and zentyal.

thank's