Author Topic: GroupOffice Integration  (Read 8212 times)

andygraybeal

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: GroupOffice Integration
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 07:05:57 pm »
Hah, thank you for the efforts.  I am still persuadable.  I'm confused I guess about Zarafa and it's lack of an administrative section like GroupOffice (login as admin/admin and handle the backend part of GO) has.  I did give myself the Zarafa 'admin' rights inside Zentyal and I don't see an 'administrative' screen in Zarafa.

I like GroupOffice's ability to have 'groups' with permissions to write/manage specific resources.

I do like Zarafa's distribution lists.  I wonder how it compares to Mailman mail lists.

http://www.zarafa.com/content/editions  <-  on this page it says that the community edition lacks "advanced multi-user calendar" support.  This is why I steered clear of it in the first place.

Thank you for taking the time to work on getting GO integrated into the LDAP part of Zentyal.

-Andy

stuartiannaylor

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 08:39:07 pm »
Yeah I am afraid they are steering you to a subscription. As the community edition does have full permissions on all items.

If you have Zarafa admin rights you will find that you can browse any users folders and permissions.

There is no admin console as it works in a similar manner to outlook exchange. Right click properties permissions tab.

Thats it.

The link I gave you is to a user called bookings. The email and calendar are shared by the staff. When permissions have been set, click open shared folder. Select folder (hey presto)

andygraybeal

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 10:31:13 pm »
I apologize but you said you sent a link, I must have missed it.

Andy