Author Topic: networking error during install from ebox iso  (Read 3562 times)

austin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
networking error during install from ebox iso
« on: January 03, 2008, 11:48:31 pm »
When installing to disk on a dell poweredge 860, I kept on getting a networking error having todo with my gateway address.  I tested this on 2 separate networks and encountered the same issue.  After which I attempted to set my IP address staticly at which point it gave me more errors.  Eventually I decided to install a fresh sarge VM on my xen machine and pull the packages from your repositories.. this method worked flawlessly.  Has anyone else encountered issues with networking when installing from the iso?

austin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: networking error during install from ebox iso
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 06:19:01 pm »
well now I have done some testing on a xen machine.. we would like to use test this on a development windows network... so running ebox on a xen machine is no longer feasible(networking issues).. I am going to be installing sarge first.. and attempt to go about things with out the ebox cd... has anyone tested the most recent ISO?

jcanfield

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:38:47 pm »
I just installed on a new Dell sc440.  I had to user the newer kernel get networking but other than that.  It works well. 
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius...and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  --  Albert Einstein

austin

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 05:02:07 pm »
yah I actually had 2 successful installs last night.. by just ignoring the error =].