Author Topic: [SOLVED] Accessing Windows 7 shares  (Read 1861 times)

Misko78

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Accessing Windows 7 shares
« on: February 04, 2012, 04:19:18 pm »
Hello everyone,

I wanted to change my Win 2K3 SBS and to switch to Zentyal in my office where i have 3 Win 7 units also in my apartment which is two floors above i have 2 Win 7 computers. My Win 2K3 server is Phenom 9500 + 790x board + 4GB RAM + 3TB in 5 hard disks. Role of this server is file + print + dhcp + internet gateway. After copying everything from my NTFS disks to external storage i formatted old disks to ext4 format and restored all files back to it, after that installing Zentyal was so easy and fail-proof that i was astonished. Everything works like a charm except that i want to do incremental backup to my win7 PC. I see all windows computers and can access shares that are on my server but cant access any windows shares from server i can see my workgroup computers but cant access them. I did all from this link:http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1169149 and still no luck. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Although firewall was correctly set after adding that any service is allowed all shares were visible but transfer was extremely low. As there were no suggestions i reinstalled server and now it works flawlessly.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:51:36 pm by Misko78 »