Author Topic: zentyal not working anymore  (Read 2258 times)

perlon

zentyal not working anymore
« on: December 13, 2010, 09:48:41 pm »
Hello guys,

it is just frustrating, everytime I'm at a point where I'm satisfied and close to the state where everything is the way I want it, something stupid happens.
Today I was trying to ping a machine that has a dynamic DHCP address and it was not working.
So I tried to add the domain to the dynamic dhcp and zentyal said "no it is already there" and stupid me, I clicked on remove it. (I can not recall exactly the messages)
Then I thought to myself that was not a good idea and said "save" and "disregard changes".
But that did not help  :o

Now the server is starting and if I connect to http://zentyal it says "It works" but no HTTPs login, no proxy and nothing is working.
I checked some log files and did not really find out what happen.
It is a virtual machine and if I connect over RDP to the console it says Xsession: warning: unable to write to tmp: Xsession might exit with an error.

One Thing that I found was:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/mapi.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs/mapi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

and no I don't have a actual backup...
I hope I don't have to reinstall and go all over again...

Greetings
Perlon

perlon

Re: zentyal not working anymore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 11:21:58 pm »
Ok, I reinstall the whole thing..

Psyfy

• Zen Apprentice
  • B.Sc(EE)
    • View Profile
Re: zentyal not working anymore
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 02:17:14 pm »
Ok, I reinstall the whole thing..

No need to Hombre. Your /tmp is full! Do the following to remove unused downloaded packages and clear up some some space...

1.) Open a terminal session, eg. <CTRL>+<ALT>+<F1>
2.) Type      sudo apt-get clean         into the terminal console.
3.) Exit the console.
4.) Login as usual.

Tada!
Cognosce ti ipsum.