Author Topic: [SOLVED]vpn access obviously blacklisted by internet rooter  (Read 2096 times)

compay

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
[SOLVED]vpn access obviously blacklisted by internet rooter
« on: January 07, 2011, 12:22:06 am »
Hello,
anytime, when I want to connect for a second time to the vpn-server of the eBox, the connection is not established. When I alter the dynamic IP of the client I get access afresh, but again not for the second time.
I suppose, the firewall of the internet router evaluates the vpn access as an attack and blacklists the source IP. But an attack should be denied also at the first attempt - right?
What are the alternate protocols and ports for UDP/1194 and how can I create two vpn instances with the vpn module of eBox? For example one for UDP and one for TCP?
Greetings
Compay
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:33:05 pm by compay »

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: vpn access obviously blacklisted by internet rooter
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:32:47 pm »
Firewall doesn't have any kind of blacklist against VPN connections. If you want a VPN server with different protocols, just create two servers.

compay

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: vpn access obviously blacklisted by internet rooter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 02:08:55 pm »
That's fine - thank you for your info jsalamero,
Do you think that two vpn servers could solve my problem, or should I better try the TCP protocol? This would be easier, because I only read of the first solution. And what port for TCP do you suggest?
Greetings Compay

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:40:49 pm by compay »

compay

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED]vpn access obviously blacklisted by internet rooter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:43:00 pm »
I set this topic to "SOLVED", cause I noticed later, that I am able to connect again after approximately 15 min with the same IP number and jsalamero already confirmed, that the IP ist not blacklisted. If the 15 min pause will expose to a problem, I will post a new topic.
Greetings Compay
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:40:01 pm by compay »