Author Topic: Can anyone help in installing the zentyal 2.03 version.?  (Read 3451 times)

Chiyan

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Can anyone help in installing the zentyal 2.03 version.?
« on: March 03, 2011, 10:17:12 am »
hello everyone,

i've downloaded the new zentyal 2.03 version iso image avaliable on the website.

but while installing it gets struck at 84% in the "Select and Install software" process while configuring the ebox..!!!

it is not doing anyother process further and sits idle until i restart.

Can anyone help me..? Plz....

Escorpiom

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help in installing the zentyal 2.03 version.?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:37:55 am »
Hi Chiyan,

It is very hard to give you some indication at this point. I would start by checking the system specs and the requirements for Zentyal/Ubuntu.
Start over again and see how it goes the second time.
Please post your system specs and a short description of what you are doing. Perhaps with a little more info we can give some tips.

Cheers.
Marcus' Rule:
Blanks & capitals = avoid it and you'll avoid problems...

SamelCamel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 11:40:39 pm »
I believe I ran into this same problem using the 64-bit version of Zentyal.  Turns out my old hardware didn't support 64-bit.

Try the 32-bit version and see if that works....

-Sam

killo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 08:02:14 am »
I believe I ran into this same problem using the 64-bit version of Zentyal.  Turns out my old hardware didn't support 64-bit.

Try the 32-bit version and see if that works....

-Sam

Guys,

I having the same problem, it fails @ the same point.

PC specs :

Compaq 500bm T
Intel duo2core 3.18GHz
2GB RAM
350 GB HDD

I have tried to download the image again and again just to be sure,
Also tried all kinds of partitioning methods @ the end all was in vain

If i deside to skip the failed process and continue with the rest, at the end of it all the machine
doesnt boot, just a cursor blinking

Someone kindly help us we are in need.....!

Sam Graf

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 02:13:23 pm »
Sadly, it's not easy to solve these kinds of problems, at least in my experience. Even those of us who've been down similar roads may not be able to help, since there seems to be a variety of possible causes and so a variety of possible solutions. It doesn't help that problems of this kind seem to affect a small percentage of Ubuntu users (at least so it seemed from my research into a similar problem).

In my case, I have a half dozen old servers, some Dell and Intel-boarded white box servers. Ubuntu/Zentyal (I was actually installing eBox at the time) would install on only one of these in the normal way. (Oddly, Debian would install on all of them, but not Ubuntu.) I suspected a problem with the Adaptec SCSI hardware (the common item among all the servers, but the one that worked also had hardware RAID). I spent countless hours tinkering with the install parameters and anything else I could try. I stumlbed onto the fact that I could go back an LTS release and install, upgrade, and install Zentyal (eBox) from the repositories. Not pretty at all, but it did work.

When Zentyal was released, I was not excited about going back two LTS releases, installing, upgrading, and installing Zentyal from repositories. Back to the drawing board. In the end, I had to install from USB--no simple trick since none of these old machines can boot from USB! Why would Ubuntu install from a USB version of the Zentyal ISO, but not from CD? I still have no for-sure idea.

I tell you all that just to say that even having been in a similar situation, where the install would hang at a certain percentage, I have no idea what to suggest that might have a good chance of succeeding. It's not that the community isn't interested in your problem, but that we don't have any good solutions. People here, in these forums, have talked over some apparent problems with SATA hardware, if I remember right. Beyond that, I don't recall any clear set of problems or a clear set of solutions.

Hopefully somebody will come along that knows exactly what to do ...

Chiyan

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 06:29:52 am »
hello guys..

i have added one NIC card with my old desktop setup (dualcore processor, 1gb ram) and now its working well..
but still i struck again at the command mode and the graphical mode ("starx" and "/etc/init.d/slim restart" ) is not coming up, unless i restart the system.
even if i restart it drags me to the same old command mode in few minutes.
and this is the error i'm getting..

I type in "startx" to get it running again, and for a moment it seems like it will start again, but then I get an error message:

Code:
Fatal server error:
Failed to submit batchbuffer: Input/Output error

Please consult the x.org foundation support for help

Please also check the log file at /var/log/xorg.0.log for additional information

ddxSigGiveUp: Closing log
giving up
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.
[/color]I had this same problem with my previous installation.

Then i tried this ..

Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/slim restart
It gives me the following message:

Stopping X display manager: slim not running (/var/run/slim.lock not found)/
Starting X display manager: slim

Any clear solutions..?

KINDLY anyone help me to get out of this hell mode.. plz..............
i'm struggling for past 2 weeks with the same problem.. :'(