Author Topic: Zentyal 5.0 Roadmap?  (Read 5048 times)

nontrivial

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Zentyal 5.0 Roadmap?
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:13:50 pm »
Is there any word on a roadmap for the next version of Zentyal? Looking at the release policy it looks like the next version of Zentyal should be 5.0, based on Ubuntu 16.04, and maybe released in the next couple of months. The reason I ask is I have only just recently had enough time to start upgrading my Zentyal servers. Since Zentyal has focused on being an exchange replacement I have upgraded all non-mail servers to Ubuntu 16.04 and am in the process of migrating services that Zentyal no longer supports to these servers. I would really like to have all my servers based on Ubuntu 16.04 (because of http://www.rexify.org), and if Zentyal 5.0 is going to be available in the next couple months then I will just wait for it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 07:45:21 pm by nontrivial »

jclendineng

Re: Zentyal 5.0 Roadmap?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 03:31:22 pm »
BUMP :) I am in the same scenario, tonight I am going to install 5.0 over 16.04 and see if it works pretty well.  5.0 is up in the archive folder repo so I will test and get back to you.  I want to install over a full ubuntu install anyways since stock system will not allow for deb installations which is one of the reasons I chose this over ClearOS.