Author Topic: setup Zentyal for SMB  (Read 2707 times)

zolf

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
setup Zentyal for SMB
« on: November 14, 2010, 09:27:57 am »

Hello there,

i have an application server on which i have my application and users connect to this server via Remote desktop to use my application. the local and remote users connect via RDP. the remote users use a static IP and the local users use a local ip(static). the server is connected directly to the internet. now i want to add another server which will host the company's website. this server will also be directly connected to the internet. to increase the security of the servers i am planning to setup a firewall between the internet and the servers. i am planning to use zentyal. now my question is will it create issue for the remote and local users to connect to the application server.for e.g. the users will have to RDP the firewall and then again RDP the AS or no.please help me to understand the issues i will face and the solution to it.

cheers
zolf

acon

• Board Moderator
  • Zen Samurai
    • View Profile
Re: setup Zentyal for SMB
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 12:12:45 pm »
You can use zentyal as firewall and redirect RDP (Port 3389) to your terminal server.
For remote TS acces, you should use TS Gateway service wich use an https tunnel to acces your local TS.

zolf

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 12:55:40 pm »

thanks for your feedbacks.
i am using server 2003 R2,so i dont have this gateway thingy on this version.can you please tell me how do i forward the users to the terminl server machine. at present the users RDP to  an static ip,now i need to tell Zentyal to forward this ip to my application server.correct?? how is this done if it is correct.

cheers
zolf

eboxbuggy

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 04:53:35 pm »
openvpn