Author Topic: Zentyal Desktop for Windows 0.1 available for testing  (Read 5482 times)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Zentyal Desktop for Windows 0.1 available for testing
« on: November 10, 2010, 10:58:43 am »
Hi Zentyal users,

We are glad to announce the availability of the alpha version of  Zentyal Desktop for Windows XP and 7. It should work also in Vista although it hasn't been tested on it.

Zentyal Desktop provides auto-configuration of Windows clients for the services integrated in Zentyal Server. It is also a distribution of some of the most popular open source software packages for Windows (Firefox, Thunderbird, Pidgin and Ekiga). Of course the installation of these components is optional and you don't have to select them if you already have them installed.

Please note that this is still under development, so it's not intended for production environments.

Your help in testing it, giving us feedback, or even sending patches fixing stuff Wink would be really really appreciated. Here you can find all the information about installing and configuring Zentyal Desktop for Windows:

http://trac.zentyal.org/wiki/Document/Documentation/ZentyalDesktop/Windows
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Simon Matthews

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal Desktop for Windows 0.1 available for testing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 12:26:57 pm »
You're doing an amazing job. This is fantastic. I will definitely be playing around with this.

tuxmania

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 04:04:01 pm »
Nice work! I will be feeding my Virtual Box BSOD candidate this food and see what happens.

Motoparts

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:28:08 pm »
Cool. Does it do advanced configuration like setting those compatibility lanman workstation parameters which are required for Win7 clients to connect to Zentyal?

This would make setting up a network with mixed OS versions much easier.