Author Topic: Problem with eBOX network configuration  (Read 4679 times)

chr05210084

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Problem with eBOX network configuration
« on: December 19, 2007, 06:10:01 pm »
Hi, I have a problem with eBox network configuration, I installed nagios and zabbix on my eBox machine yesterday. After I rebooted my eBox server, my IP Address, DNS, Gateway and Route configuration was gone.   I am planning to install Nagios on my eBox machine to monitor our routers, switches and other servers. Is it fine to install Nagios on my eBox server? I am using Debian sarge and eBox 0.11. By the Way, I really love eBox, can I have a free T-Shirt too... Thank you.

rampa

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with eBOX network configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 12:25:10 am »

I think it is not a good idea to put another apache on ebox. Dont know why you losed the IP address. what IP your machine has now? may be you have installed ebox telling to sarge to use dhcp and after that configured static address in ebox? if this is the case, configure the ip adress as static in /etc/network/interfaces.

chr05210084

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 04:37:41 am »
Hi,

I reformatted my server again and I still encountered the same problem even after fresh installed, without apache, mysql, php, nagios or zabbix installed. Something strange happened, the internet connection is working from server to my LAN even though the interfaces in my ebox configuration is empty. I don't have this problem before. Thank you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

ppires

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:58:28 pm »
I'm having the some problem.

Once I want to install a clean Primary Domain Controller, I've installed a Debian Sarge. Everything went fine until Ebox installation. I even lost my SSH connection to the machine in this step..

Deconfiguring network interfaces...done.
* /etc/network/options is deprecated (see README.Debian of netbase).