Author Topic: Zentyal Documentation PDF  (Read 6532 times)

jesta

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal Documentation PDF
« on: October 29, 2010, 09:26:39 pm »
Hi Folks,

First of all, awesome OS :D

Second, i'm looking to print off a guide for it. Is there a PDF version available to download?

warren

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal Documentation PDF
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 09:02:39 am »
Hi,
Are there plans to release the documentation in PDF format?
This would be very handy and was available for eBox.

Thanks,
Warren

hvilppola

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 04:49:14 pm »
Hi Jesta & Warren,

Thank you for your messages! As already mentioned in this topic, we've opted not making the documentation available in pdf-format because the documentation is constantly updated and the pdf-format would be either most of the time outdated or we should should spend plenty of time creating new pdf-versions.

Best,

Heidi

warren

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 12:58:56 pm »
Thank you for the reply,
I fully respect and understand the issue you face ensuring the community have constantly updated documentation for this fast paced project.

Maybe if the documentation was available as a single webpage (as suggested by ViTality) people could download it and have it available offline.  Again, this wouldn't stop people having out of date documentation offline but would provide you with just one place to update the documentation without having to create a new PDF everytime something changes.

It would be the responsibility of the individual to keep updating the offline documentation they have.
I am sure many would prefer slightly out of date offline documentation than none at all.

Keep up the great work,
Zentyal is really going places and is a credit to everyone involved.

Warren