Author Topic: Error 500 on web interface  (Read 1634 times)

zurbel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Error 500 on web interface
« on: September 26, 2010, 07:50:51 pm »
Hi,
I installed Zentyal 2.0 on a test machine just yesterday to see if it fits the needs as a server for a small school. After a bit of configuring I suddenly got an Error 500 trying to log in. It seems that the server does the authentication, for if I try a wrong password, I get the message "wrong password", but on a correct login only the error message appears (Error 500 Internal server error, tell your admin etc...).  Searching the forum or doing a web search didn't give any results, so I hope somebody has an idea what might have happened. If you need any log excerpts etc., just tell me.
Thanks in advance
Martin
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 09:17:28 pm by zurbel »

RKB

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • The Patch Shop
Re: Error 500 on web interface
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:16:31 am »
Hi Martin,
Well I am 'Brand New' here too, normally 500 Internal server error is associated with incorrect file permissions.

Cheers

Ron
Thanks for reading this post.

Cheers

Ron

zurbel

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Error 500 on web interface
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:21:59 pm »
That was a good hint, Ron, I did some researching on this one. But the configuration of the machine is a bit different from a standard Ubuntu install, and so after a while I got impatient and decided to reinstall. Maybe I was fiddling around too much on the command line or it was not such a good idea to run the web gui on several PCs simultaneously, or....   Well, the problem didn't reappear on the new install so far, I hope it won't. If  it doesn't for a while, I'll close this thread. Thanks, anyway.