Author Topic: Viewing list of e-mails on Server from LAN  (Read 1434 times)

1ronlung

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Viewing list of e-mails on Server from LAN
« on: September 20, 2010, 08:07:56 am »
Hi.
Better warn you.. I'm very much a linux newbie...

Love e-box .. D'oh .. I mean zentyal.  I have one need, however, that I'm hopeing a bright spark might help me with.

I need to view the contents of mailboxes for all our accounts whilst the mails are still sitting on the server. 

Am using fetchmail so they all sit in new dir in /var/vmail/etc ..

At the moment I've managed to cobble together some samba connectivity so at least the contents of the directories can be viewed.

Was hopeing someone out there could suggest a more elequant solution ?  Being able to view correct subject titles and from senders definately a bonus.

Thanks in advance, chaps

ctek

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Viewing list of e-mails on Server from LAN
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:54:09 pm »
1ronlung...

I think that you may not get an answer for your question because what you are basicaly asking is to be able to view the emails of all the users without them knowing. So it may be that you are explaining your needs and not ask questions witch are bound to be ignored.

Best regards
Bogdan 

1ronlung

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:34:31 pm »
i suppose there are sinister permutations. If my aim was to read peeps mail i could always log in with putty. The purpose was to give staff an insight into broken email connectivity when i'm not in the office. No mails on server prolly an isp issue. Mails on server not outlook, prolly an internal one. Previously used vpop3 for windows which gave preview list of mails. Was just hoping for a nod in the right direction from someone with more linux experience than me

ctek

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 02:31:02 pm »
If you desire to be informed about network connectivity issues is better to configure zentyal to send an email to the office group informing them on the issue. For example if you lose internet conectivity the zentyal server will inform via email (internaly  of course ) that the link is down.

Please take a look into pagers and events.

Best regards
Bogdan