Author Topic: Zentyal 2.0.1 : RAID during installation ?  (Read 2280 times)

schirrms

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 2.0.1 : RAID during installation ?
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:17:27 am »
Hi,

As some others, I'm discovering zentyal, coming from SME. At this time, I'm a little lost during installation.
In SME, the whole installtion process is 'dumb-proof' :-) That is, you don't have to understand the computer world, SME does (in most cases) sensible choices for you. Zentyal is more 'technical staff oriented' and I can deal with that.
But I think that a little help should be given for people wanting a RAID installation.  I'm not able to find a process to setup a RAID system. I read that I just want to see for a standard Linux RAID setup (and in fact, I did that during one of my installation) but you should provide some tips on the 'right partitionning' then.

Thanks,
Pascal

Sam Graf

Re: Zentyal 2.0.1 : RAID during installation ?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 08:05:19 pm »
I think the difference here is the underlying OS. Zentyal essentially (pun intended, sorry) is an Ubuntu Server derivative and uses the stock Ubuntu Server installation. People used to Ubuntu Server will be right at home.

Though I've never used SME, I have used CentOS, SME's underlying OS, and CentOS approaches things a little differently during installation. Perhaps Ubuntu Server will move in this direction in the future.

Since I wasn't one of those people used to Ubuntu Server, to get through my first eBox installation I followed this guide. Just for what it's worth.