Author Topic: Regenerating Ebox configurations from the command line?  (Read 1978 times)

zomerlust1

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Regenerating Ebox configurations from the command line?
« on: August 27, 2010, 06:15:11 pm »
Hi All

I am running a server with Ebox 1.4. I need to customize the postfix configuration files to support certain features that are not possible with the Ebox interface.

Rather than edit the files under /etc/postfix I have edited the template files under /usr/share/ebox/stubs/mail/ so my customizations don't get overwritten every time a change is made via the ebox interface. (Actually I put my modified template files elsewhere and replaced the Ebox template files with a symlink. Then my modified templates do not get overwritten when Ebox is upgraded - just the symlinks).

With the modified template in place, I still have to force Ebox to regenerate it's configuration files. This I can do my making a trivial change in the Ebox interface and then saving the changes. But this is tedious every time I want to test a small change to my custom Postfix configuration.

My question: How can I force Ebox to regenerate the configuration files from the command line?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 06:08:52 pm by zomerlust1 »

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: Regenerating Ebox configurations from the command line?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 08:31:43 pm »
/etc/init.d/ebox modulename restart
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

zomerlust1

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Regenerating Ebox configurations from the command line?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 09:32:54 pm »
 As simple at that. Thank you  :)

zomerlust1

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Regenerating Ebox configurations from the command line?
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 06:16:20 pm »
This was "solved" but have made it "unsolved" again  :(

This works with the mail module. But now I am playing with a custom
/usr/share/ebox/stubs/network/pap-secrets.mas

The command /etc/init.d/ebox network restart does not regenerate the /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file.

How do I regenerate pap-secrets from the command line?

(This is getting tricky because e-box internet connection is via PPPoE and I am working remotely. Restarting ebox network takes the server off the network and if I corrupt the pap-secrets file I will have to start driving.)

Thanks