Author Topic: Zentyal 2.0-rc2 released!  (Read 5964 times)

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Zentyal 2.0-rc2 released!
« on: August 27, 2010, 05:47:12 pm »
Hi Zentyal users,

The development team of Zentyal (formerly eBox Platform), the Linux small business server, is glad to announce the availability of a new 2.0-rc2 installer. This is going to be the last release candidate before the final 2.0 version.

There is an important change in the way you log into Zentyal on this new version: the installer doesn't ask you anymore for a password for the administration interface, now you can log in with the username and password asked before (the same you use to get root console).

A relevant addition has been also added: the first beta version of the new official Groupware module based on Zarafa. Give it a try and give us feedback!

Of course it also includes bugfixing, specially in LDAP and Traffic Shaping.

As we are approaching the release date (September 1st), your help in testing this release candidate and giving feedback is more important than ever. So, it's testing time! Any feedback and bug reports are really welcome!

You can download the new installer, as usual, from our Downloads page. If you already have installed a Zentyal 2.0-rc1 or eBox 1.5 you can also upgrade your packages to the latest versions available.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 03:53:47 am by Oceanwatcher »
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

centaur5

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 2.0-rc2 released!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 06:59:51 pm »
Thank you very much for making such a rapid decision and getting a beta out for a replacement groupware solution so quickly!  I'm very impressed and quite frankly didn't expect such quick development and was trying to plan on what I would integrate by myself.  I looked at Zarafa last week when it was mentioned for a replacement and it appears to be a wonderful solution that will probably finally help me finish what I've been wanting to do for some time.  I'm going to have a look at this new module and since your company is showing such a sincere effort for a complete small business solution I'll be investing in subscriptions to show my support!

marcusyoung

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 07:30:09 pm »
Hi,

What is the best way to upgrade from 2.0-rc2?

Thanks

Marcus

Kamilion

• Zen Monk
  • NASA System Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:52:31 pm »
There is an important change in the way you log into Zentyal on this new version: the installer doesn't ask you anymore for a password for the administration interface, now you can log in with the username and password asked before (the same you use to get root console).

If you already have installed a Zentyal 2.0-rc1 or eBox 1.5 you can also upgrade your packages to the latest versions available.

NOTES: You must be a member of the 'admin' group to login to the web console.
Some PPA-based installations may lack this group. It will safely do nothing if the group already exists.

To fix:
Code: [Select]
sudo addgroup --system admin
sudo adduser <LDAP+PAM_account-or-local_username> admin

See this post for more information:
http://forum.ebox-platform.com/index.php?topic=4707.0
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:54:33 pm by Kamilion »
"Never feel stupid for asking questions, feel stupid for ignoring answers."
"You're arrogant for thinking you can, ignorant for thinking you cannot."
"Asking questions is important,
because that's when intuition gets converted into inspiration."

ctek

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 12:23:16 am »

A relevant addition has been also added: the first beta version of the new official Groupware module based on Zarafa. Give it a try and give us feedback!

Of course it also includes bugfixing, specially in LDAP and Traffic Shaping.

This are great news :) I was thinking that i had to wait until 2.0 is out to see the Zarafa groupware in Zentyal but with this i can test before the final release and accomodate with it :)

I have also added the new RC2 installer to our mirror Zentyal-2.0 RC2 mirror

Thanx! and keep it up.

Best regards
Bogdan

Saturn2888

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 02:36:05 pm »
Is there an address to the repo or just change 1.5 to 2.0 as usual?

nordri

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 03:39:37 pm »
Good work, guys!

Only a question, It's possible check a "Change password at first log in" and "Password expires at X time" options? Do you plan add this features in future releases?

Thanks

bbking

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 02:27:19 pm »
As a direct upgrade is not possible - will there be an advice how to migrate a production box from 1.4 to 2.0?
Especially how one can migrate the existing mails+ users to Zarafa and so on.....would be great if that could be done on a 'dump-mailboxes-install v2.0-import-mailboxes' base and not with imapcopy or some other tool that requires the old and the new box to be online at the same time.

Thanks