Author Topic: The Zentyal logo  (Read 4619 times)

exekias

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Big Bug Theory
The Zentyal logo
« on: August 19, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »
As Ignacio announced, eBox has changed its name! Roxane explained the process of choosing a new name and Heidi has finally unveiled it. eBox Platform becames Zentyal! Of course, we also have a new logo!

After choosing Zentyal as the new name for eBox we obviously needed a logo redesign. It had to transmit Zentyal values, already explained in previous posts, but we also wanted to keep green and orange colors.

Our designer proposed five different drafts, and choosing the definitive one was a funny process. For a week we had all the logos posted on a board, and wrote down what each logo transmitted to us. After some days of talking we reached a quorum, we had a brand new Zentyal logo!

What I most like from this logo is that it keeps the soul of eBox, but with a new identity. I think we all feel very comfortable with it. So, what do you think? I hope you like it too!

Svein Wisnaes

• Zen Samurai
  • A Norwegian living in Brazil
    • View Profile
    • Oceanwatcher Media | Svein Wisnaes
Re: The Zentyal logo
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 05:08:37 pm »
I like it. The colors carry over from eBox and so does the division in four parts. I also like what I have seen in the posts, that Zentyal as a name is written with a capital first letter. This means it follows normal writing rules and we do not have to try to avoid putting the name as the first word in a sentence.  ;)

One question - will the graphic of the logo be possible to use on it's own? Or will it always be together with the name?
Regards,

Oceanwatcher
Do NOT use PM for support. This is a community forum and support is not on a one-on-one basis.
READ BEFORE POSTING - How to make a good post - click here

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 05:16:48 pm »
One question - will the graphic of the logo be possible to use on it's own? Or will it always be together with the name?

I think in some cases like, for example, favicons, it will be mandatory to use only the logo for space limitations, but in general the logo should be together with the name. Just to let you know, there are also vertical versions of the logo, with the text under the image and in a smaller size.
Zentyal Server Lead Developer

Svein Wisnaes

• Zen Samurai
  • A Norwegian living in Brazil
    • View Profile
    • Oceanwatcher Media | Svein Wisnaes
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 06:17:08 pm »
Sounds good :-)

Don't forget to make a favicon for the Zentyal admin interface so it is easier to pick out when you have 20 tabs open (I actually use more than that sometimes....).
Regards,

Oceanwatcher
Do NOT use PM for support. This is a community forum and support is not on a one-on-one basis.
READ BEFORE POSTING - How to make a good post - click here