Author Topic: Zarafa iCal  (Read 3877 times)

mparic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zarafa iCal
« on: August 28, 2010, 10:35:11 pm »
Testing Zarafa integration; web interface working properly however zarafa-ical does not automatically start. I changed the line "ical_enable = no" in /etc/zarafa/ical.conf to "ical_enable = yes", restarted zarafa-ical and now I can access it via Mac iCal client. However, upon reboot or system update, the line is reverted back to "no" and I lose iCal connection. Is there another place I should be setting Zarafa iCal to auto-start?

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Zarafa iCal
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 11:09:10 am »
With Zarafa as all other Zentyal modules you must edit templates on /usr/share/ebox/stubs/ and not configuration files which are overwritten.

mparic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 07:58:23 pm »
That's what I figured but I couldn't remember where the Zentyal templates where. Thanks!

However I'm wondering why if the Zarafa module is enabled, why isn't zarafa-ical started and set to auto-start? This shouldn't be something we need to do by hand.

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:49:47 am »
For this first version of the module we integrated a subset of the features only. This will be improved in the next release.

eazydor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 11:55:59 pm »
do we have to do something else other than editing the config file and restart zarafa-ical? or do we have to configure something special in the ical client? right now clients are getting a connection refused. firewall is configured.

mparic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:29:19 am »
easydor - there seemed to be a number of different zarafa processes and just restarting zarafa-ical didn't get everything going. I needed to reboot Zentyal (after the ical.conf change to start ical) and was then able to connect from OS X. And your port 8080 is open?

eazydor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 01:22:24 am »
thanks for your quick response.

did a fresh install, clients doesn't get refused anymore but a now they get timed out.
i'm pretty sure, problem is client sided.. what credentials (account templates, fqdn username, which server path, ssl, etc..) did you used?

mparic

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 06:56:00 am »
I of course removed the connection and didn't document it but take a look at this page:

http://doc.zarafa.com/6.40/User_Manual/en-US/html/_configure_canlendar_clients.html

satyris

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 10:54:25 am »
Has anyone tried that with KDE and Kontact as client ?

eazydor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:28 pm »
awesome man. that's exactly, what i was looking for. everything works just fine now. thank you very much, mparic.

@satyris no, i dind't yet. but i think it will work, because the implementation of ical is pretty clean standard. just try connecting the clients using the link provided by mparic.

satyris

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 01:07:49 pm »
How can i find out, that the ical-service from zarafa is working?

netstat shows me no port 8080 open

eazydor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 08:34:17 pm »
ps ax | grep zarafa-ical

eazydor

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 08:38:41 pm »
ps: netstat just shows active/initialized connections (established, waiting/time for rst, etc..).