Author Topic: Allowing email server outside LAN  (Read 4150 times)

HANNES1985

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • CSIWISP
Re: Allowing email server outside LAN
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 03:32:01 pm »
Hi okay hortimech Im using ebox as a server on a wireless system the  clients connect through my server to the router via proxy and my isp is providing my email on there server . Now if i connect trough ebox outlook does not sen or recieve any emails but if i conect bypassing the server all is well ! What i basicaly want is for my clients to be able to send and recieve emails through the proxy ip assighned to them because i dont want them to connect to my router directly because other networks is on that same range with confidential info!!
Only people that wants to no more will ask!!

HANNES1985

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • CSIWISP
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 05:32:22 pm »
javi I do have a mail setup with my isp and would like to connect my client behind my ebox to their mail server but if you can give me some pointers on how to make ebox the actual mail server I would forever be in your debts coz Ive been struggling for quite a wile with that and that to be honest is why I'm running mail form my isp instead of doing it myself

Thank you in advance

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 11:53:57 am »
If you just want to allow your client to connect from behind eBox to your ISP's mail server, you just need to add a firewall rule allowing the mail service to "filtering rules for internal networks".

HANNES1985

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • CSIWISP
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »
javi Ive added the service smtp with port 25 and pop3 110 and added the 2 services too all the packet filters except the bottom 2 (but One at a time) and tested after each one but no success

funny thing is i cant  even ping even my router through the server is that maybe not why I cant access my isp`s mail server ?
or do i just need to configure my server accordingly ?

my clients connect to the internet via proxy ! do i need to edit the proxy conf. files to allow port 25 and 110?

thanx for your reply!! :)