Author Topic: Ebox 1.2 not stable  (Read 1674 times)

HANNES1985

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • CSIWISP
Ebox 1.2 not stable
« on: December 06, 2009, 11:18:50 pm »
Hi Guys

Ive been using ebox for the last 2 years and seen how its developed into a system anyone could use at home or at the office and I must add Im using it as a mail,proxy,web-server and a PDC ive now also using the asterisk for internal telecommunications  at the office! And its working great thanks to the development team!

Ive got a few questions though :

when using the proxy for internet at times the browsing and email retrieval throuh pop and imap gets inactive Ive read in previous posts(when the forum had the old look BTW new one looks great) that it has to do with the firewall(if I can remember correctly) how do I go about fixing this problem?

also in the previous server (same version) I managed to get the mail to relay through my server using smtp with this one its just impossible !

Any one any ideas??
Only people that wants to no more will ask!!

jsalamero

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ebox 1.2 not stable
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 07:21:30 pm »
hi hannes,

with the information you give about the proxy/firewall we can't try to reproduce your issues.

the same can be said for the mail realy thing.

anyway, don't think these non-reproducible issues you have are enough to say ebox 1.2 is generally not stable :P

HANNES1985

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
    • CSIWISP
timeouts to ebox via local lan
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 07:54:59 pm »
Hi to all hope you can help me on this one!!

First of all I would like to apologize for my previous statement (Ebox 1.2 not stable)

Attached is my network (just an overlay of the network) cannot add my picture(the attachment folder is full )

Now as you can see the ebox services drop totally for about 45minutes and the picks up I can then surf get email send email access the box via https and all the services !

Here is what gets me frustrated

the 2 wireless networks connecting to the same network card never gets "timeouts" and the voip phone in the office never disconnects !! (I guess we can conclude the problem is not in the ebox server now) All the pc's in the home network whom connects to the same card as all the other networks gets timeouts. 5 of them is loaded with win xp and one with vista !

I have set a different network card in the server for my home connections at first, after getting timeouts switched over to the other, and the same happens in this card as well ! I also changed the range of ip con-figs to a different sub-mask but still the same happened ! What am I doing wrong or what can be the cause of this timeouts?

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:09:45 pm by HANNES1985 »
Only people that wants to no more will ask!!