Author Topic: Zentyal Communication Question  (Read 2868 times)

rickschneider17

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal Communication Question
« on: January 20, 2011, 06:15:24 pm »
I am trying to use Zentyal as a small internal virtual router, to separate some VM's from the true network. (So I can run them on their own domain and such.) Since there are a number of VM's, I need to split them out across different systems, as a single system doesnt have the resources to handle the load. (And ESX isnt an option, as my hardware isnt big enough.)

The following is what I have currently:

System 1
  • Zentyal A in gateway mode, with two nics.. one external which gets its IP via DHCP, one internal with a static ip. Zentyal is a virtual machine, with the external nic "bridged", and the internal one "host-only".
  • VM System 1 has a sincle "host only nic", and connects to the Zentyal gateway. This system is fully able to browse the web and access outside network resources.

System 2
  • Zentyal B in gateway mode, with two nics.. one external which gets its IP via DHCP, one internal with a static ip. Zentyal is a virtual machine, with the external nic "bridged", and the internal one "host-only".
  • VM System 2 has a sincle "host only nic", and connects to the Zentyal gateway. This system is fully able to browse the web and access outside network resources.

The issue, is I need VM system 1 and VM system 2 to talk to each other, and this is not happening.  VM system 1 can ping Zentyal B, and VM System 2 can ping Zentyal A. But if I try to have VM system 1 ping VM system 2, it fails.

Also, note that VM 1 and VM 2 are on different subnets... 192.168.3.x and 192.168.4.x.

Any ideas on how to configure Zentyal to make this connection work?