Author Topic: user pwd  (Read 2791 times)

patcunha

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
user pwd
« on: December 28, 2007, 12:37:40 pm »
Hi!
I want to know if there is a way of letting the users choose their passwords the first time they login!
I would create the users account with a password and in the first login they would change it!
Is this possible?

Another question: i want to use ebox in a school. My users are students and teachers. The students are organized into classes. My idea is to group users according to classes. Will the folders reflect this organization? I don't want to search for students  to be able to copy an exam, for instance! I want to go to a folder where all that class students are.

Javier Amor Garcia

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
Re: user pwd
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:49:45 am »
Hello,
  each user belonging to a group can read all files under a group's share. So I suggest you to create a group for each stundents+teachers by class and other for just class's teacher.  Wit this setup the teachers may put document in either share (and of course they can put provate documents on his own user's share)

Regarding the password question, currently it is not possible because we have a problem with user's password coordination between the different services and changing the password like that would probably end with two different passwords for the same user.

Cheers,
  Javier