Author Topic: How can i change the eBox default user?  (Read 2729 times)

fewter

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
How can i change the eBox default user?
« on: June 20, 2010, 02:43:51 pm »
On a previous occasion I set up eBox using the defaults and it created a system user 'admin' in group 'eboxadmin' with the real name 'eBox Administrator'. As I understand it, it is this user that logs on automatically when the system starts.

This time when I installed eBox I managed to give this default user my own name, say 'john'. I configured everything in eBox but when I came to set up the users in eBox, I couldn't set up a user 'john'. I got an error message saying that the user already existed on the system. My eBox is useless if I can't have user 'john' receiving email and so on.

I have created a new user 'admin' on the host system with exactly the same permissions as 'john'. What I want to do now is to delete the 'john' account and make eBox use the 'admin' account instead. Is there a way to do this?

agtig

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How can i change the eBox default user?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:50:21 pm »
Yes, I have the same problem... I want to change the default system user... the one that Ebox runs on top of...

J. A. Calvo

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • http://blogs.zentyal.org/jacalvo
Re: How can i change the eBox default user?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 04:20:55 am »
eBox always runs as "ebox" user, this user is not the same as the "eBox administrator" one whose name can be chosen during the installation.

The "ebox" user can not be easily change, the other is just an administrator user that can be modified at any time, for example you can rename it with "usermod -l".
Zentyal Server Lead Developer