Author Topic: Forwarding ports to different public ip addresses -> private ip addresses  (Read 2176 times)

azop

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
We have two public IP addresses from our ISP.  I want be able to specify which ports get forwarded to which )internal) IP addresses.

IE publicip1:80 -> lancomputer1:8080
IE publicip2:80 -> lancomputer2:8080

Can this be done from the ebox administrator?

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
From Firewall -> Redirects, you may do the Network Address Translation (NAT) without a problem and intuitively.

Hope this helps.
My secret is my silence...

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
You can do that from the eBox GUI as long as every public IP comes in eBox by  a separate network interface.

azop

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
Seperate virtual interface or real interface (eth2)

You can do that from the eBox GUI as long as every public IP comes in eBox by  a separate network interface.

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Real interface.
My secret is my silence...

javi

• Zen Hero
    • View Profile
You have to keep in mind that you need something to distinguish from which router the packets are coming out, so with real interfaces you use the interface to separate.

You could use the mac address of each router, but you will have to add custom rules to eBox without using the GUI.

Another option which is easier if you have control on your routers is configuring one of them to forward the port 80 to eBox port 81. This way you can easily distinguish and create rules:

from port 80 forward to local_IP_1:80
from port 81 forward to local_IP_2:80

jcanfield

• Zen Monk
    • View Profile
We have two public IP addresses from our ISP.  I want be able to specify which ports get forwarded to which )internal) IP addresses.

IE publicip1:80 -> lancomputer1:8080
IE publicip2:80 -> lancomputer2:8080

Can this be done from the ebox administrator?

Would 1:1 NAT help you?  While is does require some manual editing, it might do the trick as well.

See this post:

http://forum.eboxplatform.com/index.php?topic=163.msg575#msg575
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius...and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."  --  Albert Einstein