Author Topic: How do I verify DNS record updates in the GUI?  (Read 2082 times)

943-PERSON

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
How do I verify DNS record updates in the GUI?
« on: May 30, 2010, 10:18:58 pm »
Hello all. I just installed 1.4.6. According to the documentation I enabled Dynamic DNS Updates and it didnt have issues. But when I click on the DNS section to view what records are available I fail to see anything. Is this by design?

• What if I want to add custom records since the DNS Domain is stated as read-only? Do I have to do this in the CLI (which eBox will possibly overwrite)?
  • Where can I go to see a listing of DNS records that were added besides the DHCP Dashboard module?

So far the only way for me to do this was to disable Dynamic DNS Option and manually add entries to the test machines. Am I going crazy?

sixstone

• Zentyal Staff
  • Zen Hero
    • View Profile
    • Sixstone's blog
Re: How do I verify DNS record updates in the GUI?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 10:16:08 am »
Hi,

Current implementation does not allow to add/remove dynamic domains. If you do this in the CLI, take into account, you must follow the bind9 instructions to update records for dynamic domains since it has a journal file to track the automatic updates.

There is no way to see the dynamic created records apart from viewing the file directly in /etc/bind9/db.<dynamic_domain>.

Best regards,
My secret is my silence...

943-PERSON

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How do I verify DNS record updates in the GUI?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 09:49:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Cant wait till its all fully 100% managed via the web interface. This is a good product.