Author Topic: Aliases and forwarding email accounts, how to nest forwarded accounts  (Read 2758 times)

jptechnical

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
I have a client that is a large construction company, with a pretty elaborate structure. They are looking to move to a dedicated server email system. They use forwarders (aliases) extensively, we will be looking on the order of 50 accounts and 100 forwarders. Most email addresses will simply forward to a personal email address. Each department will have a department head and assistant, the department email must forward to the head and his assistant. There will be projects where an alias must be setup, which will include as many as 30 mailboxes, personal forwarders and department forwarders. Below is a tree structure of sorts, to demonstrate. I can't figure out the best way to do this with eBox, or if it is even supported.

Below is a little sample of the structure. http://picasaweb.google.com/jptechnical/ConCoCorp#5473461165221009970

Any thoughts on how to make this work? I have been spoiled with postfix and the alias table, which is dead simple. But eBox has so much more to offer, I want to make it work if I can!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 11:05:39 pm by jptechnical »