Author Topic: After update from 6.2 to 7.0 can not edit users on DC without fetchmail  (Read 580 times)

covex

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Two zentyal instances, one is having the fetchmail (external email retrieval) enabled, after update to 7.0 I can not edit the users on the DC without fetchmail enabled. In the zentyal log there are messages like this:

Code: [Select]
DEBUG> FetchmailLdap.pm:591 EBox::Mail::FetchmailLdap::checkEmailProtocol - Unknown mail protocol: Ä.µ Ý.íÒ.×ÅRüÞ.?ÐúTþG.BÁ´R'¹²÷].b..²òö;6£Ñék(@®.EÜBÌã.Ä.Ë$ܱ<÷Ñ7R.v.v"Òî..ë at Unknown mail protocol: Ä.µ Ý.íÒ.×ÅRüÞ.?ÐúTþG.BÁ´R'¹²÷].b..²òö;6£Ñék(@®.EÜ
BÌã.Ä.Ë$ܱ<÷Ñ7R.v.v"Òî..ë at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Mail/FetchmailLdap.pm line 591
If I enable fetchmail also on this DC then the generated zentyal-fetchmail.rc is full of garbage. This seems like somehow the attributes for fetchmail are not synced properly?!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 10:35:02 am by covex »

covex

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Ok, so attributes are synced correcly, just they are base64 and encrypted.. the encryption seems to be the problem...

WARN zentyal.psgi:43 Plack::Sandbox::_2fusr_2fshare_2fzentyal_2fpsgi_2fzentyal_2epsgi::__ANON__ - Use of uninitialized value $optionsStr in split at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Mail/FetchmailLdap.pm line 228.
WARN> zentyal.psgi:43 Plack::Sandbox::_2fusr_2fshare_2fzentyal_2fpsgi_2fzentyal_2epsgi::__ANON__ - Use of uninitialized value $mailProtocol in string ne at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Mail/FetchmailLdap.pm line 591.
WARN> zentyal.psgi:43 Plack::Sandbox::_2fusr_2fshare_2fzentyal_2fpsgi_2fzentyal_2epsgi::__ANON__ - Use of uninitialized value $mailProtocol in string ne at /usr/share/perl5/EBox/Mail/FetchmailLdap.pm line 591.

sub _decryptExternalAccountString
{
    my ($self, $str) = @_;
    my $cipher = $self->_cipher();
    $str = decode_base64($str);
    $str = $cipher->decrypt($str);
    return $str;
}

and well... the /var/lib/zentyal/conf/fetchmail.passwd is used to encrypt the attribute, but this password is of-course not synced between two DC. So matching this pwds make the edit to work also on other DC.