Author Topic: VPN suddenly stopped working - Zentyal 6.0  (Read 1048 times)

altiport

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
VPN suddenly stopped working - Zentyal 6.0
« on: September 03, 2022, 09:01:34 pm »
Hello,

It happened to me before, it happened again.  Out of the blue, without touching, editing or in any way changing anything, my VPN stopped working.  The client (any client) does not connect.  The message I get on the client side is "Sat Sep 03 21:34:14 2022 MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1662230054,WAIT,,,,,,"

Last time it happened was on Zentyal 5.0, spent a few weeks troubleshooting, in the end I just made a fresh 6.0 installation and everything worked fine.

Has anybody else had a similar issue, to guide me through it?

Thanks

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VPN suddenly stopped working - Zentyal 6.0
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2022, 10:31:20 am »
Hi,

Unfortunately, yes, I had a similar issue with OpenVPN module. My issue was caused by the 'expiration' of the CRL, and because of that, the VPN connection did not work. The message was the following:

Code: [Select]
Sun May  3 12:11:13 2020 41.56.2.24:60271 VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=CRL has expired: C=ZA, ST=Free

Basically, I have to do something with any certificate in thirty days max such as create or remove a certificate, otherwise, a VPN connection may stop working.

--

“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever".

altiport

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 12:11:02 am »
Thanks for the response.  So, basically, if you reinstall the certificate will everything work again?

Hi,

Unfortunately, yes, I had a similar issue with OpenVPN module. My issue was caused by the 'expiration' of the CRL, and because of that, the VPN connection did not work. The message was the following:

Code: [Select]
Sun May  3 12:11:13 2020 41.56.2.24:60271 VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=CRL has expired: C=ZA, ST=Free

Basically, I have to do something with any certificate in thirty days max such as create or remove a certificate, otherwise, a VPN connection may stop working.

--

“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever".

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 04:01:48 pm »
Hi,

No, really. You just need to create a dummy certificate so the CRL file is updated. Once you did that, the issue should be fixed for now. However, it will happen again if in 30 days you do not perform any action with some certificate, so the CRL will expire again.

--