Author Topic: no forward-proxy ports error after updating squid  (Read 1038 times)

vandykmarsu

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
no forward-proxy ports error after updating squid
« on: June 24, 2022, 09:11:49 pm »
After a squid update the service no longer works.

When I clear the proxy configuration and after a restart the service works again.

I consulted the log of squid which informs me of an "ERROR: no forward-proxy ports configured."

I tried to downgrade squid to version 4.10-1ubuntu1, but the error persists.

I need a working proxy to validate my training project.

What I find strange is that 2 virtual machines out of 3 are not impacted by this incident, and on the final server it is apparent even after redoing an clean installation.

I guess it's a package versioning issue?

zentyal.log
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 11:33:44 pm by vandykmarsu »

vandykmarsu

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: no forward-proxy ports error after updating squid
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2022, 08:47:44 pm »
I found a lead while researching, about the documentation revealing the above error.

it is recommended to add the mention "intercept" to the http_port line in the configuration file of squid under "/usr/share/zentyal/stubs/squid/squid.conf.mas".

Before changing it, i stopped the service, changed the conf file, and restart the service, same issue :(

vandykmarsu

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: no forward-proxy ports error after updating squid
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 11:29:49 am »
After testing the solution given by the Zentyal team, nothing helps the blacklist takes a long time to be validated, then an error message appears saying that the proxy cannot find a redirection port.

On the other hand, if the blacklist is removed, the services are available again, so tested to manually add domains to be prohibited, and the proxy works normally.

The problem comes from the recent update of squid? The squid stubs to review? The blacklist that has a compatibility issue? I leave it to the Zentyal team to look into it.

I thank the team for their support and hope that they will find a solution to this unfortunate incident.