Author Topic: Zentyal 7 fresh installation problem  (Read 1053 times)

cnbx

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zentyal 7 fresh installation problem
« on: July 16, 2022, 03:47:50 pm »
hi guys,

i facing problem while fresh install zentyal 7 on top ubuntu 20 cannot ssh to server and also web interface cannot start i dont know anymore what i supposed to do.
need advice here

use of unintialized value $key in split at /use/share/perl5/EBox/GlobalImpl.pm line 1398

and after install zentyal i cannot ssh to my server try to stop firewall module still not working and how to put img here try img code not working.
i try also stop all zs service still not working why this zentyal break the server need help here

thanks
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 04:09:58 pm by cnbx »

cnbx

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Zentyal 7 fresh installation problem
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 12:01:29 pm »
any help for my issue ....

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 10:18:15 am »
Hi,

How did you configure the network interfaces? Did you check your network configuration status? You can run the following command to check it:

Code: [Select]
ip addr show

--

“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever".

cnbx

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 11:53:21 am »
Hi,

How did you configure the network interfaces? Did you check your network configuration status? You can run the following command to check it:

ip addr show

--

“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever".

thanks for reply how to insert image here i cannot use img code why..?

cnbx

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 06:40:47 pm »
Hi,

ip addr show

--

this is capture from ip add
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tSZLdS1e3TWFZogN7

and this netplan ip
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pWcGmYNZoEDew8tL6

i need help why this is happen i wan to use this AD for my company but found happen like this just for fresh install i think this app not ready for production
no one help

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 01:19:54 pm »
Hi,

Zentyal does not use Netplan, in fact, it uninstalls it during the installation.

According to the first image, your Zentyal server does not have any IP configured, that is why you cannot use the Webadmin either SSH. You can configure a network IP using the command ip and then, login to the Webadmin and configure the network module.

* An example of the IP command: https://linuxize.com/post/linux-ip-command/

Basically, if you install Zentyal but you do not configure the network module, as soon as you reboot the server, it won't be able to get from a DHCP server or configure an IP address because the network configuration file has not been configured yet.

--

cnbx

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 03:38:32 pm »
Hi,

Zentyal does not use Netplan, in fact, it uninstalls it during the installation.

According to the first image, your Zentyal server does not have any IP configured, that is why you cannot use the Webadmin either SSH. You can configure a network IP using the command ip and then, login to the Webadmin and configure the network module.

Basically, if you install Zentyal but you do not configure the network module, as soon as you reboot the server, it won't be able to get from a DHCP server or configure an IP address because the network configuration file has not been configured yet.

--

so i need to configure the ip using "ip" command..? is there file in my ubuntu so i can modify or only possible using command...?

Thanks

cnbx

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 03:51:41 pm »
Hi,

--

after configuring with ip command its work after continue the installation form web then stuck again, reboot the server then ip missing again what happen for this, any guide i can use why this keep happening i event cannot continue installation on web.

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2022, 01:36:29 pm »
Hi,

If you do not configure and enable the Network module, it will happen every time you reboot the server. The goal of that command is to allow you access to the Zentyal Admin Interface so you can configure and enable the Network module.

NOTE: Be cautious with the firewall configuration, you may block the access. If that happens run the command: sudo zs firewall stop.

In case of an issue during the configuration, try to detail it to me as much as possible. Also, remember that you have available the log file '/var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log'. There you will see any error with Zentyal.

--