Author Topic: Network configuration / Network Objects  (Read 899 times)

dzidek23

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Network configuration / Network Objects
« on: May 24, 2022, 03:12:13 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm still having a difficulty setting up the network rules correctly. My setup looks like this:

Code: [Select]
10.0.1.0/24     (OLD domain)            -
10.0.2.0/24                             -  via eth0 - Zentyal DC - eth1 192.168.1.1/24 (external network) via gateway to the Internet
10.10.0.0/24    network backbone        -

The DC itself is happy and knows where things are, I can ping and access both sides.
If I have a device in the domain, it seams to be working fine, I can reach out to the Internet and go to other network.

However, devices from the old domain and network backbone can't reach the Internet. They get DNS responce from the DC but bounce of the firewall or the response is TTL exceded on the eth1.

I created objects for the "old domain" and the backbone, added their relevant IP. I have multigateway rules for interfaces (eth0, eth1) source and destination but still devices from the 10.10.0.0 can't reach the Internet.

Can someone explain how do I allow traffic from network that is NOT directly connected to Zenytal (reaching the eth0 via network switch) to connect to the internet (on eth1).