Author Topic: Trying to recover a completely broken system after 7.0 Upgrade  (Read 1173 times)

kiendeleo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Trying to recover a completely broken system after 7.0 Upgrade
« on: February 16, 2022, 11:19:58 pm »
I tried to do an upgrade on a Ubuntu 18.04LTS system that has been working fine for years.  I attempted this upgrade via Zentyal Admin portal.  It seems that it crashed somewhere overnight while this upgrade was taking place. I have the system back up and sort of working but I have run into the following issues. 
  • the package freeradius-ldap will not configure
  • When I access the "Users and Computers" > "Manage" Menu I get the following Error, "FATAL: Could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Permission denied"
  • Backups fail also due to samba issues, but I assume that is caused by the same problem as above.
  • The prompt at first login via ssh still requests that I upgrade to 20.04 although it seems that the 7.0 upgrader tried to do that already.

Any help on this would be extremely welcome.

kiendeleo

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to recover a completely broken system after 7.0 Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 06:01:25 pm »
Any help on this would be appriciated

turalyon

• Zen Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 10:02:23 am »
Hi,

In case you still have the issue, below you have the workaround developed by Zentyal for Radius module during the upgrade:

* https://github.com/zentyal/zentyal/blob/support/6.2/main/core/src/scripts/release-upgrade#L219

Also, there is a link in the documentation where explains some common issues that could occur after the upgrade:

* https://doc.zentyal.org/en/upgrade.html#troubleshooting

Regarding the message 'FATAL: Could not connect to samba LDAP server: connect: Permission denied', you need to analyse the following log files in order to identify the location of that 'permission denied'.

* /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log
* /var/log/syslog
* /var/log/samba/samba.log

Finally, you must check if Ubuntu was upgraded and also, if some of the Zentyal modules too. Below you have the commands that you must run:

Code: [Select]
## To see if Ubuntu was upgrade
lsb_release -a

## To get the version of each module
dpkg -l | egrep 'zen(buntu|tyal)-'

## To get the packages that are not correctly installed oh held
dpkg -l | egrep -v '^ii'

--
“This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever".

installer555

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 03:48:25 pm »
Hey, i just fix a similar problem that happens after updating initial Zenyial7 installation. A problem was wrong permission of folder /var/lib/samba/private. It must be 0755 (root:root) according to un-updated installation. Looks like candidate for bug report?