Author Topic: Samba can't be provisioned if no IP addresses are set for domain  (Read 3834 times)

curiousprogrammer

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hi, I must have done it 15 times by now.  I tried enabling Domain Controller and Mail on the Modules page but I'm getting the following error.
Code: [Select]
Samba can't be provisioned if no IP addresses are set for domain [domain name I configured].
Ensure that you have at least a IP address assigned to an interface, and this IP has to be assigned to the domain [domain name I configured] and to the local hostname.
You can assign it in the IP addresses page for [domain name I configured]

I have added an IP address for the domain.  I have even added an additional interface as suggested on the forum for the Zentyal host, rebooted the box, but still doesn't work.

Am using version 4.1.

Dejavu_Dmitry

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Samba can't be provisioned if no IP addresses are set for domain
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 08:34:27 am »
Hi, I must have done it 15 times by now.  I tried enabling Domain Controller and Mail on the Modules page but I'm getting the following error.
Code: [Select]
Samba can't be provisioned if no IP addresses are set for domain [domain name I configured].
Ensure that you have at least a IP address assigned to an interface, and this IP has to be assigned to the domain [domain name I configured] and to the local hostname.
You can assign it in the IP addresses page for [domain name I configured]

I have added an IP address for the domain.  I have even added an additional interface as suggested on the forum for the Zentyal host, rebooted the box, but still doesn't work.

Am using version 4.1.

The same BUG on Zentyal 4.0 (((

julyusito

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 07:35:14 pm »
Same bug on Zentyal 7.0.4

dwllnet

• Zen Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 08:16:06 pm »
If you touch the network interface, switch from dhcp to static then back to dhcp the error goes away.